Friday, September 12, 2008

Pain
i have been down with fever, cold, cough, headache, delusions, alien visitations, etc. you know the package deal you get once you get the flu. it was a hectic time, trust me. sucks to have cough, cold and a headache at the same time, you have no clue what irritates you more and that irritates you all the more. 
so yeah initially i thought it was my body that was aching, but no my body seemed ok compared to my breathing cycle. i took a deep breath in and realised my nose is blocked and every time i tried to suck in whatever stuff was within the nose of mine my head felt like it was doing the rounds in a 1975 rickshaw with himesh reshammiya remixes on.
so yeah my neighbor, the typical plump lady, walks in and tells me "baba the headache is because of your fever". looking at her smiling at me with concern and those aged brows frowning with wisdom i said, "OK lets get this fever out". 
out came the tiger balm and heaps of it on my chest, neck, ribcage and back. well friends the next 10 minutes was agony, it was satan using my stomach as a training ground for eternal fire!!!!
anyways i bore through that just as well a baby would, shouting, bawling, jumping around and tucked myself in with come collective soul (god bless them) music.
so the next morning my fever was gone but the headache, it still remained. now this is not your regular run of the mill headache its the headache that makes you say your final confessions and prepare for the great judgement before the Big J himself. 
so yeah once again i took in whatever it is my nose is holding for this holiday season and the headache got worse. so yes i knew the problem was my nose. i did my whole two month baby routine again and my aunt, after two days of agonising pain comes and tells me oh you have cold??? well here baba take this. it was some nasal drops. after getting the nasal drops in, my nose thankfully is cleared. 
the headache is still on though. its like a stupid teenager who has just learnt to mouth fag and wants to try every cigarette at the pan beedi shop where no one will catch him/her/it/(alien genders) - now u know what i mean by delusional?
so yeah my head hurts. still. it has no connection with my fever, cold, cough, pancreas. its an entity in itself which needs to be treated separately.
well this is my observation about pain -
if more than one part of your body hurts, trust me all hurt equally bad. its just a matter of which pain you identify more with.
for example - i thought my body hurt more than my nose and head. but no all hurt equally bad when looked at in itself. its just a matter of shifting focus form one to another.
why did i write all this? i have no clue
but hey there was a lesson to learn.

 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

u love jesus christ well do you?

Unknown said...

"if you dont believe in something you will fall for anything" - sad truth is you still fall for anything oh well nevermind

Errol said...

u know i dont get what you are saying actually and who are you?