Sunday, April 12, 2009

Tombstones

Maybe we got it all wrong,
started on the wrong side
unknowingly let things slide.

Sometimes i think heaven 
visited me when you came along,
picked me up made me strong.

We spoke about everything
except what we felt
did we misunderstand, Let the others get to us?

I keep asking myself What if?
Maybe we could have pulled it off?
Maybe love wouldn't have taken it all?

Then again we have tried to mend
live through a broken heart and 
funerals of feelings attend.

Dreams of us are now just ghosts,
dusty cobwebs in attics long closed,
memories of us chiseled in Tombstones.

Maybe friendship would have been it,
our lives and smiles would have kept lit.
I still don't know what i felt for you though.

Many ask me what my feelings for you were.
The answer, maybe, just like us
is buried in the past, forever.

No comments: