Wednesday, February 04, 2009

To Whomsoever It May concern

Heeding your instructions
I set out to build a house 
Secure and acceptable.
Against my reason and 
Along your experience 
With labour and love
Pain and all I had 
To your suggestions I gave in
When the hardwork was done
And my labour of love 
To you I showed
With four words of supposed guidance
Of a better future and
A better character
Like a pack of cards my house you blew
The fresh paint you smeared 
With your rebukes and 
Foggy interpretations.
The beauty not appreciating
One window missing you saw.
My house so lovely 
So carefully made
For you to please, for you to lay
My weakness explored 
My strengths left flaying
Left alone in the wind
You went where you truly belonged
Leaving me in ruins
And tears and sorrow all I bore
Till one day the good lord
Came to me and showed
Not to you or for you
Have I ever to live
But my life is for me to make
And build
So my own house dear d I will now make
With my true being in it instilled
Your welcome to see and admire 
What I have build
Your rebukes
Leave to the passing wind

No comments: