Sunday, June 21, 2009

Comfortable Silences

So we sit there
not talking about anything
watching the world pass by.

You look in my eyes and are not afraid
to make my pain your own
understanding the vulnerability you see in my broken soul

I tried a few times, to bear it all
within me inside
but not for Long

You come and you see
just sit there and hold me
my soul lets go

And at that very moment
i feel a release, a withdrawal deep within,
of sorrow from my soul

Sometimes words mask the pain,
the emotion inside
the true feelings very few can unhide

No need for a mask
or sugar coated superlatives
just room for our silences to slowly unwind

Sometimes a whole sentence
a description enormous
cannot capture the depth of your emotions inside

Just sitting in your company
listening to you breathe
i feel a calm, like, love's aura embracing me

Many may speak, eloquence and sense
sometimes what we need is just an understanding friend
to listen and touch, hold and comfort.

The greatest distance, they say, is the distance between two hearts
what when the destinations are broken?
the road laden with pain

What you give me, Friend
is a reason to believe
to face it all with ease

We have traveled the distances
marked our journeys with victory and slain
attacks of pain unspoken of

And now when i look deep into your eyes
all i see is joy and
companionship none can define.

Now as the day dawns
we sit there, satisfied and free,
comfortable in our silence

No comments: