Sunday, June 21, 2009

Memories

And my days are spent in memories of you
Trying to find whether my feelings were untrue
This painful slide to which my heart says stop
Wishing it was never in love with the queen of hearts

The problem arose when you said those words
With friendship things grew from mine to ours
The world was empty without you
Deepest of joys I tried my best to give you

The sails were high, and the waters were smooth
It seemed like a perfect romantic coup
Our hearts were ready, bodies still
Souls were joined in a memory that would be difficult to kill

And then the times changed, and things got carried away
Leaving us in the middle of this hideous sway
From extreme to extreme it was a momentary leap
Smiling through the dentures fixed so cheap

A new false self came into being
Breathing heavily into this relationship we bring
Defenses and excuses now became best friends
Like cheap wine and a shoddy old brothel

The touch and the soul went on a lonely spree
Leaving us alone to some fate and destiny
They say my feelings were momentary, but true
Thank you friends but honestly SCREW YOU

With tears not shed and emotions not dealt
I went about with things depending on how I felt
Tighter and tighter the noose drew around my neck
Finally to this defeat I bent.

We never liked the situation we lived
But didn't do much to better it still
In foolishness the ideas still hold fast
Honey we have lost the race at last

No comments: