Sunday, June 21, 2009

The Incident

A shoulder to cry is all that i need,
someone to soothe this heart that bleeds.
Friends are all now far far away,
someone help me heal from this pain.

The mountains of life i can handle,
even life's most tragic loss.
These small things wrap around me
like chains unyielding.

Where is the comfort that i seek this moment,
this loss of me, the feelings incoherent.
Gimme a pill, a remedy certain,
on this aching heart that will close a curtain.

Now these are the times i feel love's loss,
my actions arrogant, my cold hearted response.
But now i know the difference, the fine lines that separate
the brave from the arrogant proud.

This is the way they look at others pain,
their need converting into their own gain.
This is where the line they have crossed,
into the hands of pride, love has now been lost.

No comments: