Sunday, June 21, 2009

Polsta

With the nothing I had, I gave my all
In the smiles of the needy, I saw my own soul
Their cries of despair, was a burden I couldn't bear
So leaving my grief their problems I shared

So on and on with our lives we went
Not knowing whose sorrow we felt
In the presence of so many, our happiness knew no bounds
And buried our sorrows to the ground

Now everything in life has to come to an end
Yeah we had reached that critical bend
Never learned how to say those goodbyes
Good times – the phrase coined – time flies

The initial withdrawal was sad but to be faced
Tears and sorrows wiped out with a pretty lace
The old feelings jumped back and made themselves home
No ones happiness to follow left us all alone

Places and people couldn't bring that same old joy
The fun and the laughter felt dirty and soiled
The same old fury with the same old dreams
The same old coffee table left unclean

Wisdom and advice a lot can give
But true, pure joy very few can bring
Life's good old rule book everyone breaks
But well the hard pain that follows few can take

No comments: